New Business Licenses

Considering Doing Business in Puyallup

If you are considering doing business in the City of Puyallup or will be providing a service in the city, please contact the City of Puyallup to apply for a Business License. Anyone doing business in the City of Puyallup must register if they are involved in any business activity (including home based businesses). Following are the local and state agencies that may also be able to assist you.

Check Zoning and Sign Requirements

The planning division will check the zoning requirements for your business or proposed business. A business license does not guarantee that your location is properly zoned. This is also the place to check on sign regulations.

Check For Fire and Safety Hazards

The Fire Inspector will inspect all commercial businesses and temporary stands for fire and life safety hazards. Contact Central Pierce Fire and Rescue for any questions regarding permits, fees, requirements.

Apply For Food Worker's Permit and Other Food Related Licenses

If you will be working with food or beverages, you must contact the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department regarding sanitation codes, food worker's permits, and other licenses which may be needed.

Apply for Building Permits and Inspections

If you are a builder, homeowner, design professional or contractor, you can find key documents here that may help you to speed up the process of building, designing or remodeling in the community. Schedule new inspections and check permit and inspection status online.

Apply For Liquor License or Mandatory Alcohol Server Training Permit

Any business selling or serving liquor is required to contact the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board License Division to obtain the appropriate licenses.