Safe Heating Practices

Generators
unsafe heating devices indoors can cause carbon monoxide poisoning

Carbon monoxide - the Silent Killer.  This gas has no odor or color and is very dangerous. Each year people suffer from illness or even death due to carbon monoxide poisoningNever use a generator, grill, camp stove or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal burning devices inside a home, garage, or any partially enclosed area. Place the unit away from doors, windows and vents that could allow carbon monoxide to come indoors.


safety_tips_generator_in_wet_area.506x253

Avoid using a generator in a wet area - this can cause shock or electrocution. 


safety_tips_generator_extension_cord.506x253

Connect appliances to generators with grounded, heavy-duty extension cords to prevent electrical fires.  


safety_tips_generator_fueling.506x253

Don't fuel your generator when it is running.  Turn if off and let it cool.  Adding fuel to a hot motor is a fire hazard!