Stormwater Management is part of the City's Engineering Department, in the Office of the City Engineer.The Stormwater Management section implements programs and projects to meet permit requirements including:
- Manage the City's NPDES Municipal Stormwater Permit
- Design and construct stormwater-related capital projects
- Local Source Control outreach to small businesses
- Private stormwater facility management program
- Educational outreach to residents on stormwater, rain gardens, stream health, and more
To report a spill or illicit discharge into a catch basin or other area of the stormwater system, please call (253)770-3336. Read more.
In Washington the NPDES Permit Program in managed by Ecology. Learn about Puyallup's Stormwater Management Program Plan, view annual NPDES reports, and find related NPDES permit documents. Learn more.
Flood control and planning is very important in our local community. Stormwater Management, levy systems, and operation and maintenance of existing stormwater infrastructure all play a part. Read more.
Read about current capital stormwater projects within Puyallup including stream projects, water quality infrastructure, LID Retrofits, and more. Learn more.
Our Stormwater department has worked with Pierce Conservation district and have provided lessons to two sixth grade classes and have chosen the calendar winners. The calendars are complete and are available for pick up in the locations listed below. If your school or group(s) would like to participate in the Stormwater calendar for 2020, contact us at Eco-Friendly by selecting the link below, to get on our schedule today. Locations around the city where you can find calendars:
- City Hall - Permit Counter, Utility Billing Counter, and Clerks Office.
- Puyallup Library - Pioneer Park
- Puyallup Rec Center - Valley Ave.
Feel free to contact us with any questions. EcoFriendly@ci.puyallup.wa.us